Extend your BlackBerry Smartphone battery life using these power saving tips by @rr_yy
- Delete unnecessary e-mail accounts from your device. I had 7 e-mail accounts before and now only 3 of them on my BlackBerry.
- Use filters for your e-mail accounts.
Ex: I filtered twitter and forum subscription e-mails so they are not coming to my BlackBerry anymore.
- Led settings are important for battery life. Disable led for unnecessary notifications. (OS 18.104.22.1686+ users use built-in led colors by RIM, not 3rd party apps.)
Ex: I disabled leds for e-mails and Twitter.
- Edit Twitter, BlackBerry News, Facebook, BeWeather (etc) auto refresh times.
They were set to refresh every 5mins before and now I uninstalled Facebook (which I'm not using so much), set BlackBerry News & BeWeather to auto refresh every 6 hours and Twitter for every hour. (mentions and DMs coming right after they sent anyways)
- Disable Browser Push; useless and affect your battery life.
- Disable vibration for unnecessary notifications (I disabled them all)
- Set Backlight Brightness as 10 and Timeout for 20 seconds (or 10 I got it set as 20)
- Set your Network Mode as 3G or EDGE only. (2G&3G setting let your device search for network and affect your battery)
- For OS 7.1 set Battery Saving Mode as Always On
- Set Location Services Off
- Disable Compression (Storage settings)
- I got Cell Broadcasting disabled (not sure if it effects)
- Uninstall unnecessary applications
- Disable BePopup (etc) for e-mails (got it enabled for SMS only)
- BlackBerry Protect location option is disabled for me because I got insurance for my device (but keep it on if you want)
- BeBuzz led settings:
Slowdown Led: 1min
Stop Led: 2mins
Pause Between Flashes: 1sec
Pause Between Slow Flashes: 4secPause Between Idle Flashes: 10secs
- Close apps that you're not using. Don't let them run at background.
- Delete MeterBerry and/or any other battery monitoring app. (use BlackBerry Device Analyzer for OS 7.1)
- Before updating your device don't forget to shrink your OS w/ BBHTools. (ask for help for what to shrink if you don't know which are safe to shrunk)
I had %20-25/h battery usage before and now idle usage is %1-2/h and normal usage is %4/h.